Youth Partnership Uganda (YPU) is a community based organization that was established in 2009 by Youth activists out of desire to protect and promote the basic human rights of marginalized groups people in Kasese District and the Rwenzori region at large especially the Youth , children, women, elderly and people with disabilities who are commonly deprived of their fundamental human rights.
Youth Partnership Uganda is a nonprofit making organization registered with Kasese District local Government under the community development services department with registration number 122.
The organization head office is located in Mpondwe Lhubiriha Town Council along Bwera Hospital road in Nyabutundu Cell, Mpondwe ward, Plot 5 on Jolly’s House and our area of scope is Kasese and other neighboring districts.
Youth Partnership Uganda recognized the need of human rights education, support to violence victims, health reforms for sustainable community transformation in the post conflict area especially here in Kasese district.
‘Empowering communities for sustainable development”
‘ To transform, the youth, children ,women, PWDs, orphans and other vulnerable groups of people within our communities through empowerment in Health, human rights, eco system management and entrepreneurship for sustainable development’
- To promote, support and empower the victims of human rights violation by equipping the community with relevant information that aims at promoting the basic individual rights.
- Fostering community participation in environmental and eco system management to facilitate environmental sustainability
- To promote practical knowledge and skills in all fields of human rights and development among the children and youth through trainings on life planning.
- To provide HIV/AIDS counseling, sensitization among the youth and campaign against the stigmatization of HIV victims and human rights abuses.
- To promote Household economic reliance, Support WASH activities for health and safe environment for improved livelihoods.
- To advocate for quality and accessible health services by community members focusing on SRH, maternal and child health, family planning among others in Uganda.
ORGANS OF THE ORGANIZATION AND MANAGEMENT:
The Annual General Assembly (AGM) The decision-making structure in YPU is composed of an Annual General Assembly of members , Executive Board, and a secretariat comprising of a Management Team and Support Staff. The organization is having the following organs
Annual General Forum (AGM) is an organ of all members of the organization the full members, Associate members, Honorary members and partners/other stakeholders. This Assembly meets together once a year to discuss issues for the organization and share experiences in work and to get acquainted with the progress of the work of the organization and also to set a way forward for the work of the organization.
The committee is drawn from the members and consists of 8(eight) members of whom one is either elected from the public or partner organization to give technical advice to the board members. The executive committee formulates and oversees the managerial work and ensure effective running of the affairs of the organization. Members of the Organization elect from among themselves who to be responsible for a given position.
The board constitutes itself into several committees namely; Planning and Research Committee (PRC) and Finance and Administration Committee (FAC) to enhance the Boards efficiency and effectiveness. The Executive Director (ED) serves on the Board as secretary and an ex-official. The Executive continue to provide insight as well as pushing forward policy development relevant to the effective implementation of this plan and growth needs for Youth Partnership Uganda.
The Board Title
- Rev Wilson Kighoma Chairperson Board
- Mary Kabwa Vice Chairperson
- Jemima Kithengere Youth Representative ,Finance and Admin
- Gladys Biira Member Gender Issues
- Nathan Bwambale Human Resource and Publicity
- Morish Bwambale ED/ Secretary
- Mary Masika Member,Finance and Admin
- Benard Mbusa Treasure
Name Title Gender Contact
- Bwambale Morish, Executive Director, M, 0782743252
- Kambere Julius, Programms Coordinator, M, 0772675637
- Bwambale Mackinon Accountant M 0776121872
- Muhindo M Betty, Accounts Assistant, F, 0772098403
- Tibaisimwe Jimmy, HIV/AIDS and SRH Officer, M, 0774555325
- Muhindo Hellen, Gender Officer, F, 0785111572
- Kiiza Jesca , Office Attendant , F, 0786057962
- Muhindo Alice, Volunteer, F, 0706840962
- Bwambale Gerald, Environmental officer , M, 0777294986
- Masika Anita Volunteer F 0774468495
Our core values
- Transparency and accountability: Is at the center of our transaction
- Team work: Is the basic to the achievement to the positive and lasting change
- Voluntarism: Is at the center of our work and a perquisite for growth and development.
- Responsibility: For our decision making and action is central to learning for our collective and individual actions.
- Commitment: To work and relationship is at the core of our diversity and across culture
- Gender: Sensitivity and equity enables everyone to exercise his or her potentials