WORK WITH US
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT, (1 POSITION, DUTY STATION YPU OFFICES BWERA KASESE)
Youth Partnership Uganda (YPU) is a community based organization that was established in 2009 by Youth activists out of desire to protect and promote the basic human rights of marginalized people in Kasese District and Uganda at large especially children, Youth, girls ,women and people with disabilities.
It’s registered with Kasese District local Government under the community development services department with registration number 122 and its located in Mpondwe Lhubiriha Town Council along Bwera Hospital road in Nyabutundu Cell ,our area of scope is Kasese and other neighboring districts.
Youth Partnership Uganda recognized the need of human rights education, support to violence victims, health reforms for sustainable and community transformation in the post conflict area especially here in kasese district.
Youth Partnership Uganda is managing a number projects across Kasese and other neighboring districts with funding from various donors. As a result, the workload in the department of Finance has expanded hence there is need to recruit addition staff to serve as Accounts Assistant. The holder of this position will work under the supervision of the Finance Officer.
3.0. Job Summary:
The Accounts Assistant provides day -to -day financial support to the Finance department for efficient and effective operations of the finance function within the organization.
3.1. Duties and Responsibilities:
(a). Processing payments and receive funds in accordance with finance procedures:
- Collect and examine support documents, ensure that documents and signatures are valid and prepare payment and receipt vouchers
- Prepare payment vouchers for approval by the Finance Manager/ Executive Director
- Write cheques and collect necessary signatures and ensure that the cheques are properly delivered to the recipients
- Serve as the custodian of all financial documents with support from the Finance Officer/ team leader to ensure that they are properly filled in accordance to the acceptable filing standards
- Work closely with other finance and program staff to project weekly cash requirements for the mobile money payment systems
- Compile and submit the mobile money payment details to the Finance Officer for onward processing and verifying beneficiaries and amount to be paid
- Process staff travel per diems and other travel advances for project related work
(b). Maintain electronic and manual filing system for all financial reports, field work requests, bank reconciliation, field accounts review certifications and any other finance documentation
(c) Assist in the verification of payment documentation for adequacy and completeness before posting to tally system/ quick books
(d) Assist the Finance Officer in receiving all payment requests including staff advance requests and travel accountabilities before being reviewed by the Finance Manager/team leader
(e) Receive and collect all vendors’ receipts, invoices and bids analysis documentations and ensure they are timely attached to the respective vouchers.
(f) Petty Cash Management:
- Ensure petty cash vouchers and supporting documents / signatures are valid
- Manage petty cash by ensuring the maintenance of an appropriate level of petty cash in the safe deposit
- Be responsible for petty cash held in the office, prepare petty cash forms, and request additional cash as necessary
- Carry out cash counts every two weeks and ensure all accounts records are filed in an orderly manner
(f) Perform any other related task assigned to you by your supervisor
4.. Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Diploma in either accounting or Finance, Diploma with accounting and Finance option. Must have a minimum of (0ne) year experience working in finance department executing the above roles & responsibilities
She/he must have excellent interpersonal skills; Works under minimum supervision; and meets deadlines.
- PROGRAMME OFFICER: GENDER AND RESOURCE MOBILISATION– (1 POST)
DUTY STATION: YPU OFFICES BWERA KASESE.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
The job of the Gender and Fundraising Officer is to lead, coordinate and manage the strategic development, successful implementation, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of YPU’s Gender and Women Empowerment programmes. she will also be responsible for mobilizing of resources in line with the YPU Strategic objectives and Annual work plans. The Programme Officer in charge of Gender and Resource Mobilisation will be responsible and / or directly report to the Programs Coordinator
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A diploma in Adult and community education, community based rehabilitation, Education, Development Studies, Social Sciences or any other relevant field. A Bachelors Degree will be an added advantage and women are encouraged to apply
- .Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of gender-related activities
- Proven experience and skills in proposal writing, grant management including the ability to develop, manage and monitor and evaluate programme and project budgets
- Experience in monitoring and implementation of programs, including developing, implementing and reviewing M&E plans and systems
- At least one year of program management experience in a reputable and busy Organization
- Teaching experience will be an added advantage
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and implementation of coherent gender programme activities according to the annual work plan ensuring targeted achievement of expenditures, delivery of activities and outputs.
- Be the focal person on Gender related issues by providing the required technical guidance.
- Ensure that gender themes are fully incorporated into all YPU programme development and implementation.
- Develop and implement an institutional Fundraising and Partnership strategy in line with the needs of YPU.
- Lead the development of new and maintenance of existing strategic partnerships for the effective development and implementation of YPU activities.
- Working closely with the Programs coordinator and other programme staff, regularly develop proposals for funding in line with the YPU Strategic Plan.
- Develop and implement systems and mechanisms for continuous assessment, analysis, documentation and dissemination of information, data and learning on the effectiveness and results of the YPU’s strategic partnerships.
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for YPU activities.
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities.
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups both nationally and internationally to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities.
3 OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR, (1 POSITION, DUTY STATION YPU OFFICES BWERA KASESE)
The Office Administrator provides day -to -day support activities to the members of staff and any other visitor who come at office for efficient and effective operations of YPU function within the organization
- Provides administrative support in organizing meetings and events at office
- Receives visitors, directs them appropriately and attends to inquiries including telephones
- Ensures that office premises are tidy and cleaned regularly as required and other services such as reception, catering and refreshment, utilities and messenger services are provided for.
- Requisition of office stationary from the store and distributes it as required
- Ensures dispatch and delivery of official mails and other parcels
- Types both confidential and non confidential correspondences, documents and reports
- Controls office stationary and office equipments issued to the organization
- Assists in organizing information and other inputs required for meetings and other activities of the organization
- Performs any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the line supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Applicant should hold a UCE certificate and should have passed English, a certificate in administrative and secretarial studies, a certificate in computer application or office management will be an added advantage.
Working experience of two years and ladies are encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should either hand deliver applications (Cover lever, CV and photocopies of academic and professional credentials) addressed to the Executive Director; Youth Partnership Uganda P O Box 585 Bwera Kasese Off Bwera Hospital Road or send by e-mail using firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, 27th Sept 2019
Signed by Management
Each year volunteers from around the globe experience the life-changing power of YPU. Our volunteers are in two categories; Local Volunteers and Global Volunteers. Whatever your skills, and whatever your reasons for volunteering, you can join our team.
YPU registers local volunteers annually they fill a commitment and contract form which provides them with access to orientation training after registering.
The local volunteers (Members) own the organization and are responsible for proposing project activities, implementing programs and guiding foreign volunteers who come to our organization each year.
We register volunteers both local and international members and the number is growing quickly as we expand our programs and move into additional districts.
Our local volunteers are on the ground working in the communities in which they live, bringing with them a thorough understanding of both people’s needs and the critical social and economic issues facing them.
After becoming registered members, the local volunteers are required to contribute their time and labor to YPU activities.
In return, the volunteers benefit by gaining project experience and knowledge; accessing training opportunities; involving them in community activities; receiving related allowances; and building reputations in their own communities. The local members are then promoted to advanced positions based on the acquisition of new skills, educational training and commitment to projects.
Youth Partnership Uganda volunteers from all over the world have made a tremendous impact on the lives of children and youth in Kasese District and the Rwenzori Region at large.
We recruit global volunteers according to project needs and the specific skills required.
Global volunteers can either choose to contribute as on-site volunteers in Kasese or as remote volunteers from their home country.
They contribute to YPU mission by either working on-site with our local members, or remotely from their home countries. YPU volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and have included college students looking to gain more community experience in a rural setting and experienced professionals hoping to better understand project design and implementation in developing countries.
Fill out our volunteer application form to receive more information and learn how you can contribute to YPU.
Become a Volunteer
YPU volunteers are required to pay a commitment fee, and are responsible for their upkeep (accommodation, meals and travel expenses) while at the project. We can help you make estimates of possible expenditure (and this depends on how long you intend to stay at the project).job