About Youth Partnership Uganda
Youth Partnership Uganda (YPU) is a community based organization that was established in 2009 by Youth activists out of desire to protect and promote the basic human rights of marginalized groups people in Kasese District and the Rwenzori region at large especially the Youth , children, women, elderly and people with disabilities who are commonly deprived of their fundamental human rights.
Youth Partnership Uganda is a nonprofit making organization registered with Kasese District local Government under the community development services department with registration number 122.
The organization head office is located in Mpondwe Lhubiriha Town Council along Bwera Hospital road in Nyabutundu Cell, Mpondwe ward, Plot 5 on Jolly’s House and our area of scope is Kasese and other neighboring districts.
Youth Partnership Uganda recognized the need of human rights education, support to violence victims, health reforms for sustainable community transformation in the post conflict area especially here in Kasese district.
‘Empowering communities for sustainable development”
‘ To transform, the youth, children ,women, PWDs, orphans and other vulnerable groups of people within our communities through empowerment in Health, human rights, eco system management and entrepreneurship for sustainable development’
- To promote, support and empower the victims of human rights violation by equipping the community with relevant information that aims at promoting the basic individual rights.
- Fostering community participation in environmental and eco system management to facilitate environmental sustainability
- To promote practical knowledge and skills in all fields of human rights and development among the children and youth through trainings on life planning.
- To provide HIV/AIDS counseling, sensitization among the youth and campaign against the stigmatization of HIV victims and human rights abuses.
- To promote Household economic reliance, Support WASH activities for health and safe environment for improved livelihoods.
- To advocate for quality and accessible health services by community members focusing on SRH, maternal and child health, family planning among others in Uganda.
Our core values
- Transparency and accountability: Is at the center of our transaction
- Team work: Is the basic to the achievement to the positive and lasting change
- Voluntarism: Is at the center of our work and a perquisite for growth and development.
- Responsibility: For our decision making and action is central to learning for our collective and individual actions.
- Commitment: To work and relationship is at the core of our diversity and across culture
- Gender: Sensitivity and equity enables everyone to exercise his or her potentials